Trius Electric began its life as M&B Electric back in 1958. Founded by Robert Dipolito Sr., the name was changed in 1968 when Robert Jr. and his brother Thomas Dipolito joined the business.

In 1980 the Dipolito family moved the business to Freeport, where they remain active, contributing members of the community to this day.

After the passing of Robert Sr. in 1992, Robert Jr. and Thomas expanded the company, turning it into the thriving business it is today. In 2003 Anthony Dipolito joined the business, making Trius Electric a third generation, family owned business.